Deadline June 30, 2011
Northumberland Family Health Team located in Cobourg, Ontario
is looking for an innovative and energetic Executive Director with demonstrated management skills to implement and administer the operations of our new Family Health Team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and lead a collaborative, interdisciplinary team of health care professionals and administrative staff in providing outstanding primary health care services to our community. This is a full-time leadership position , requiring excellent interpersonal and team-building skills, and expertise in financial management, strategic and program planning and program delivery. The Executive Director reports to the physician-led Board of Directors.
This important role requires an individual with a motivational leadership style who is well organized, goal oriented and thrives in a challenging environment. You must excel at managing people in a team environment. Ideally you will have a university degree and a minimum 3-5 years experience providing leadership in a business, community and/or health care environment. This position requires excellent communication skills, solid computer skills and experience working with a Board of Directors.
Duties will include
- Take a lead role in the day-to-day execution of key implementation tasks related to the launch of the Family Health Team, including the overseeing of leasehold improvements to the Family Health Team site, implementation of the IT plan, and staff recruitment.
- Ensure the development and co-ordination of collaborative Chronic Disease Management and Health Promotion Programs that respond to the needs of our patients
- Day to day management of an interdisciplinary primary health care team
- Building and managing community, public and stakeholder relationships
- Development and implementation of systems, policies and procedures
- Financial management
- Fulfilling the mission, objectives and strategic plan of the Family Health Team
- Liaison with and reporting to the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
- Planning, supporting and monitoring the implementation of computer systems and information technology
- Provision of support to the Board of Directors
To explore this opportunity in strictest confidence send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before June 30, 2011. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.