Deadline June 24, 2011
The Middlesex-London Health Unit is currently seeking an experienced temporary full-time Program Administrative Assistant (ending August 2012) to work on the Chronic Disease Prevention & Tobacco Control and Southwest Tobacco Control Area Network Teams within Environmental Health & Chronic Disease Prevention Services.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of duties, such as:
- Scheduling appointments, answering telephone, keying documents and handling mail.
- Minute taking, preparing court files and communicating with staff from the Provincial Offences Office.
- Assists in the planning of conferences, booking meetings, and making travel arrangements.
- Dealing with inquiries from the Public.
- Entering data into databases, running routine reports, filing and other record keeping.
- Monitoring key statistical information on specific software programs.
- Preparing and issuing receipts, invoices, statements and cheques.
- Providing back-up to specific areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Completion of a Secretarial / Administrative diploma or certificate program is required. Must be proficient in data entry with a high level of accuracy and speed, along with advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office. Candidates will have very good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
Please visit our website at http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply by June 24, 2011, quoting posting# CDPTCFTPA3OPP-0611/01, to:
Human Resources Dept.,
Middlesex-London Health Unit,
50 King Street, London ON N6A 5L7
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and protect the public’s health through the delivery of public health programs, services and research.