Deadline July 11, 2011
Immediate openings are available for the following positions:
Community Health – initial assignments will include work with Child Health (0-6 and School including student counseling), Reproductive Health and the social determinants of health
- one temporary full-time for approximately one year
- one permanent full-time
- one permanent part-time
Apply to Tracy Allan-Koester, Director of Community Health at the address below.
Health Protection – initial assignment will be Communicable Disease
- one temporary part-time to December 30, 2011
Apply to Donna Taylor, Director of Health Protection at the address below.
- a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing and a current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
Demonstrated skills in:
- assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation
- health promotion and community development
- clinical nursing practices such as injections, case management and counselling
- oral and written communication
- leadership, facilitation and team building
- current experience in public health nursing preferred
- computer skills an asset
- a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a safe and well maintained vehicle suitable for carryout out duties on behalf of the employer
- immunizations in accordance with Board Policy including annual influenza immunization unless medically contra indicated.
Apply by July 11, 2011 to:
Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Stratford, Ontario N5A 1L4
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Perth District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer and values workplace diversity.