Deadline August 19, 2011
Posted: June 27, 2011
Closing date: August 19, 2011, 4:00 PM
Starting date: October 2011
Location: Ottawa (For an exceptional candidate we are prepared to consider location outside of Ottawa.)
Duration: One-year full-time contract with possibility of extension
The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives is one of Canada’s leading research institutes. We are seeking an Online Communications Officer to join our National Office communications team in Ottawa. This position supports and expands the CCPA’s ongoing communications and outreach efforts. The Online Communications Officer will help the CCPA grow and diversify its community of supporters; engage CCPA supporters more actively; tell the CCPA’s story online in compelling ways; raise funds; strengthen the CCPA’s impact as a research institute with a strong focus on public engagement; assess trends and changes in online technology and web culture in relation to CCPA’s strategic purpose. The position involves balancing a mix of online strategic leadership, administration and maintenance of CCPA’s online infrastructure, systems monitoring and development. The successful candidate will display the level of sophistication, vision, diligence, attention to detail, and patience required to carry out these varied tasks. This position reports to the Executive Director of the CCPA National Office and works collaboratively with the CCPA’s online advisory team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the organization’s online communications strategy in collaboration with an online advisory team;
- Provide advice and guidance with regard to online strategy, practices, and protocols;
- Participate in shaping CCPA’s communications efforts and public voice;
- In consultation with other communications staff, coordinate the development and implementation of online fundraising and outreach campaigns;
- Strengthen, grow, and diversify the CCPA’s community of supporters;
- Ensure the smooth functioning of CCPA’s online infrastructure, including websites, e-newsletters and lists, office email hosting and accounts, social media channels, etc., which includes web support, troubleshooting;
- Update and actively maintain CCPA websites and social media channels;
- Coordinate, write, and distribute national e-newsletters;
- Innovate new systems, tools and enhancements to the CCPA’s website and help contribute to the creation of new multimedia and interactive tools;
- Develop and regularly monitor metrics for assessing online success and provide regular detailed reports;
- Support staff in using online tools effectively;
- Undertake administrative tasks related to online communications;
- Other duties as required.
For more information, please see the posting online at http://www.policyalternatives.ca/offices/national/employment-opportunities.