Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Deadline August 5, 2011
The French Language Health Services Planning Entity # 3 – Toronto Central, Central West, Mississauga-Halton works at engaging the Francophone communities in the planning of quality health services in collaboration with the 3 LHINS and other community stakeholders.
We are looking for 2 highly motivated bilingual individuals, to contribute to the development of the Francophone communities. You will be part of the first team working for the entity and will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director.
This position requires qualities such as:
- A mobilising leadership style
- A strategic understanding of issues
- A capacity to mobilise various work teams into a common goal (Francophone and Anglophone health system partners, including LHINS, service providers, citizen interest groups, health professionals, researchers etc.)
- A capacity to work with tactfulness and flexibility towards win-win solutions
- A capacity to work in a changing environment
- A capacity to offer pro-active solutions to issues
- A capacity to plan, prioritize workload and keep an attention to details
More specifically you will in a systemic approach:
- Mobilise the various stakeholders of the Francophone community in an ongoing and inclusive community engagement process.
- Validate information and data around needs and health services offers to better support the development and/or improvement of the service delivery.
- Promote French language services in the health sector to better support the health services providers in their active offer efforts.
- Contribute in an innovative manner to the planning, development and evaluation of culturally appropriate services responding to the needs of the Francophone community.
- Offer support and act as a resource person to service providers in the designation of French language services plan.
- A bachelor degree in health administration, social science, and/or any combinations of studies, training and experience.
- Knowledge of the Ontario health system
- Demonstrated experience in community development; organisational development and in a consultative support role in the non-profit sector.
- Demonstrated experience in integrating planning process, from understanding the context to implementation
- Demonstrated experience in using various theoretical models, evidences etc. in health planning
- Knowledge of issues related to the Toronto, Central West and Mississauga-Halton Francophone communities
- Superior knowledge of microsoft office (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, livemeeting)
- This position requires a superior command of both oral and written English and French. (language skills will be tested during the interview process)
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience + benefits
- Working hours: 37.5hrs /weekly Work location: TBD
Please send your résumé with your covering letter in French before 17h on August 5th, 2011 to:
We encourage candidates who represent the diversity of the Francophone communities to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.