Deadline August 4, 2011
Internal/External Job Posting
The Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa is growing again and seeking
Term Full-Time Diabetes Dietitian Educators
Working closely with the Diabetes Nurse Educator, the Dietitian is responsible for the delivery and promotion of the Community Diabetes Education Program in the City of Ottawa. The Dietitian provides group and individual education to adults with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes and supports starting clients on insulin as needed. In addition, the dietitian collaborates with other CCHC teams where appropriate.
- Bachelor degree in Nutrition Science.
- Completion of recognized Dietetic Internship.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, registration with College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Minimum two years experience in diabetes education and management.
- Experience in group facilitation and knowledge of adult education methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic email and MS Word.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a multi disciplinary team.
- Experience and sensitivity to the needs of diverse populations.
- Experience working in a community setting including outreach activities.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Valid drivers licence and access to a vehicle.
Certification as a Diabetes Educator.
Experience with insulin initiation and management.
Membership in Diabetes Educator Section of the Canadian Diabetes Association.
- English required (written and spoken)
- Ability to communicate in another language an asset (e.g. French, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, Somali, etc)
Start date: September 2011
Salary range: $28.253/hour to $34.039/hour
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Write a letter of interest (up to 2 word processed pages in English) telling us how you meet the requirements of this role (as identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé by August 4, 2011 to: Human Resources, Centretown Community Health Centre, 420 Cooper Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 2N6, Fax: (613) 233-3987, or e-mail email@example.com. We regret only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Every One Matters.