Deadline August 12, 2011
Internal/External Job Posting
The Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa is growing again and seeking
Regular Full-Time Diabetes Nurse Educator
Working closely with the Diabetes Dietitian Educator, the Nurse is responsible for the delivery and promotion of the Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa in the City of Ottawa. Using a self-management approach, the Nurse provides group and individual education to adults with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, starts them on insulin and assists them with titration. The nurse works collaboratively with CHC and community physicians and endocrinologists especially around insulin initiation and management. In addition, the nurse collaborates with other CCHC teams where appropriate and refers internally and externally as needed.
- Bachelor degree Nursing or equivalent.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, registration with College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum two year experience in diabetes education and management.
- Experience in group facilitation and knowledge of adult education methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic email and MS Word.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a multi disciplinary team.
- Experience and sensitivity to the needs of diverse populations.
- Experience working in a community setting including outreach activities.
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Certification as a Diabetes Educator.
- Experience with insulin initiation and management.
- Membership in Diabetes Educator Section of the Canadian Diabetes Association.
- English required (written and spoken)
- French required (written and spoken)
- Ability to communicate in another language an asset (e.g. Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, Somali, etc)
Start date: ASAP
Salary range: $54,035-$65,103/year, Excellent benefits package including Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan
How to “express an interest” for these opportunities:
Write a letter of interest (up to 2 word processed pages in English) telling us how you meet the requirements of this role (as identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé by August 12, 2011 to: Human Resources, Centretown Community Health Centre, 420 Cooper Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 2N6, Fax: (613) 233-3987, or e-mail email@example.com. We regret only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Every One Matters.