Deadline July 29, 2011
Start Date: immediate
Location: Within Ontario. Travel throughout Ontario is required.
Status: Full-time to March 31, 2012, with possibility of extension
For 25 years Health Nexus has been enabling communities to promote health in Ontario and beyond. At little or no cost, we help organizations and individuals develop and implement prevention and health promotion strategies. We focus on fostering healthy child development; facilitating the creation of inclusive and engaged communities; promoting conditions that contribute to healthy communities; and influencing the development of healthy public policy.
Health Nexus seeks a full time Bilingual Health Promotion Consultant (French and English). This position requires sound knowledge of health promotion, community development and of Francophone communities in provincially as well as nationally. The successful applicant will contribute to the organization’s French Language Services strategy, and shape projects and services that are responsive to client needs but also anticipates emerging trends and issues in the field.
- Provide consultations and training to support and assist diverse audiences in the development and implementation of health promotion programs and initiatives
- Participate on various internal and external committees, providing advice and expertise on strategies, projects and programs
- Research and develop proposals, presentations, educational resources and related materials
- Plan and coordinate multiple projects
- Establish and maintain partnerships and initiatives with various local, provincial and national organizations and health promotion professionals
- Monitor health promotion trends and issues
- Graduate degree and/or equivalent experience in the health promotion field
- Comprehensive understanding of health promotion and the broad determinants of health
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in both English and French
- Knowledge of Francophone communities and related health and social issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of adult education principles
- Experience in meeting/workshop facilitation, program design, and educational resource development
- Ability to assess and respond effectively to client needs
- Demonstrated program planning, project management and evaluation experience
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member
- Word processing, presentation software, e-mail, internet/intranet usage, spreadsheets & databases
- Commitment to principles of diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination
Closing Date: July 29, 2011
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in confidence to:
Human Resources, Health Nexus
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 301, Toronto ON, M5G 1Z8
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Health Nexus is an equal opportunity employer.