Deadline July 29, 2011
Exciting opportunities are now available for 3 Nurse Practitioners (Full-time) to work in a collaborative model of care as part of an inter-disciplinary team led by committed family physicians in the Cobourg area. The new Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) will provide primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention to a rostered population within west Northumberland.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will play an integral role in the care of the patients of the NFHT. The role of the NP requires a thorough knowledge of primary care nursing and the ability to function effectively in a team environment with physicians, other interdisciplinary health professionals and administrative staff.
You will work within the full scope of the RN (EC) class in a patient-centred model of care and provide clinical assessment and treatment of primary care patients and participate in chronic disease management programs and patient education. The Nurse Practitioner will actively participate in the future development and delivery of the FHT programs and will work within the multidisciplinary team to provide new and enhanced services.
This position requires excellent health assessment/clinical skills and the ability to perform the full range of duties and responsibilities. You are an independent, creative and organized individual with strong oral/written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating and computer skills. You may be required to work at more than one FHT site.
- Baccalaureate or Masters in Nursing.
- Successful completion of post-graduate Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current extended class registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current membership with RNAO, including professional liability insurance program
- Basic CPR certification.
- Current Ontario Drivers’ License.
- Experience with EMR would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of chronic disease management and prevention
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume no later than July 29, 2011 to Tracy West at email@example.com. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.