September 25-28, 2011
Doubletree by Hilton, 655 Dixon Road
Honouring the Circle, Connections and Wisdom is about professionals coming together, making connections between honored traditions and emerging practice wisdom in working with children, families and their communities.
The purposes of the conference are to:
- Bring together professionals practicing or desiring to learn about Family Group Conferencing to expand knowledge of this system reform.
- Increase knowledge about aboriginal approaches in Ontario and other Canadian provinces, and their use in achieving culturally appropriate results for Aboriginal children and families, including those served by designated Aboriginal Children's Aid Societies, and especially those served by Non-Aboriginal agencies.
- Introduce, share and develop skills and experience in Family Group Conferencing and Canadian First Nations, Metis and Inuit practices.
Conference participants will enjoy a variety of ways to explore community partnership building, the intersection between practice and values, organizational and systems change, research and evaluation, and learning across systems. Opportunities include:
- Pre-conference full-day skills institutes and intensive seminars
- Plenary speakers
- 30+ workshops
- Interaction with colleagues from around the world
The conference program has a plethora of workshops for administrators, supervisors, practitioners, judges, legal professionals, policymakers, researchers/evaluators, advocates and family members. Presentations will be organized to follow one of the following tracks and have varying levels, as determined by the presenters:
- Track 1 - Innovative Practices and Developments
- Track 2 - Youth and Family Engagement
- Track 3 - Collaboration and Implementation Within and Across Systems
- Track 4 - Implementation: Building a Strong and Sustainable Foundation
- Track 5 - Culture, Privilege, Bias and Power
- Track 6 - Aboriginal Practices
For more information, please visit http://www.cvent.com/events/family-group-conferencing-honouring-the-circ....