October 5, 2011
9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Holland Christian Homes Inc.
Conflict in the workplace can start as an interpersonal issue that escalates, leading to damaged working relationships, employee disengagement, harassment, bullying and even violence. It can have serious implications for the organization ,including complaints that lead to a formal investigation and potential liability issues. However, if conflict is resolved effectively and promptly, it can lead to personal, professional and organizational growth. Participants will understand the conflict cycle and predict when situations may arise to avoid grievances, complaints and lawsuits. You will also examine different methods of conflict resolution and assess the most appropriate approach for resolving problems, respecting each party’s legitimate interests and building a stronger, healthier workplace.
- Identify and understand conflict.
- Learn best practices for conflict resolution.
- Learn best practices for taking and assessing complaints.
- Practice techniques for improving conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Resolve sample conflicts and learn how to build a climate of cooperation within their organization.
- Leave armed with a solid conflict resolution model.
Who Should Attend:
- Senior Managers/Department Heads
- Human Resources Staff
For more information and to register, please visit http://www.oanhss.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=OANHSS_Workshops_Seminars&....