No deadline noted
The Peel Cancer Screening Study is a multi-phase community-research collaboration with the goal to develop ethno-culturally relevant programs to increase the use of breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening among South Asians in Peel, Ontario. Partners on the project include Cancer Care Ontario, Peel Public Health, Punjabi Community Health Services, and the Centre for Research on Inner City Health at St Michael’s Hospital. Funding has been provided by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
Primarily located at Peel Public Health on Hurontario Street in Mississauga.
We are looking for a part-time Coordinator to be responsible for administrative and research activities to support partners on the project to:
- Establish an advisory group of community members
- Identify intervention strategies to address community-identified barriers to use of mammography, Pap tests, and fecal occult blood tests among South Asians in Peel.
- Establish a network of public health agencies, community service groups, and primary care providers to adapt and implement the intervention strategies.
- Conduct a formative evaluation to assess the reach, acceptability, and feasibility of the strategies, and change in organizational relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with documenting project goals and study activities.
- Perform general office duties e.g. filing, faxing, mailings, courier services, photocopying etc.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory.
- Limited processing of data.
- Assist with literature searches.
- Coordinate planning, scheduling, and implementation of all events and advisory board meetings, including catering, preparation of materials and other documentation as required.
- Collect and summarize data from meetings, surveys, and interviews.
- Interact with sponsoring agencies regarding requests for clarifications of data and/or assisting monitors during site visits.
- Work with the partners to oversee all aspects of program administration.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including residents, primary care providers, representatives from health and community service groups from Peel, and researchers, and ensure that needs of stakeholders are met.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of tracking systems to monitor program activities, and prepare regular reports as required.
- Assist to prepare applications for the research ethics board.
- Track expenses for the project.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in science, human services, community development, or public health
- 1 to 3 years relevant experience within the non-profit, public, or academic sectors with relevant program or project administration experience.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and judgement.
- Self-motivating, professional, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity in a diverse, dynamic environment.
- Able to work independently and part of a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; computer skills including WordPerfect, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, database and statistical software.
- Experience working with ethno-culturally diverse communities.
- Familiarity with community-based research, including adherence to research protocols, conducting literature searches and some experience with evaluation
- Strong candidates for this position will have a working knowledge of the South Asian community in the Peel region and the ability to converse in one or more of Punjabi, Urdu, Hindi languages
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours; rare evening and weekend work may be required when necessary (i.e. attending a Community Advisory Board meetings with occasional travel to Toronto).
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
Please apply online at http://www.stmichaelshospital.com.