Deadline August 10, 2011
Ophea (http://www.ophea.net) is working on an exciting new project which includes a comprehensive needs assessment to evaluate the needs of secondary educators when teaching Health and Physical Education (H&PE), and we need your help! We’re looking for individuals who have a passion for H&PE and are motivated to make a significant contribution to the future of secondary students. This is your chance to represent your community, network and share knowledge with like-minded individuals from across the province. If you are interested in participating in this innovative project or know someone who would be, please review or pass along the following information.
Ophea is looking for passionate representatives to act as Regional Leaders within specific geographical locations across Ontario to assist in the collection of qualitative data through participatory research methods.
- Ability to participate in the selection of data collection method (e.g., survey, focus group, forums, interviews)
- Opportunity to network with individuals from a variety of different sectors (Education, Public Health, Sport and Recreation, Government)
- Field work completed virtually or in person within your community
- Honorarium and recognition for your contributions as a Regional Leader
- Orientation Teleconference (week of September 5, 2011)
- Field Work (approximately 35 hours over 7 weeks)
- 1 day Summit in Toronto with all the Regional Leaders (week of November 7, 2011)
The results of this initiative will inform the broader support strategy to support the teaching of H&PE in secondary schools.
If you would like additional information, or would like to apply, please submit a letter of interest and CV by August 10, 2011 to Sylvie Prevost (Sylvie@ophea.org).
Chosen applicants will be notified by August 19, 2011.