Deadline: August 15, 2011
PARKDALE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE IS SEEKING
PART-TIME RECEPTION COORDINATOR
Contract (Evenings and Saturdays – 15 hrs. /week + Casual Relief)
Immediate- March 31st 2012 with potential for renewal
Parkdale Community Health Centre is located in a vibrant, diverse, downtown neighbourhood. We work with the community to address its health-related needs through the delivery of primary health care, community development and engagement, counseling, advocacy, and health promotion. We give priority to individuals and groups who traditionally encounter barriers to receiving high quality health care services, including refugees and immigrants, people who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual and Transgender, and people who live in poverty, psychiatric survivors, women, seniors, and people who live on or near the street.
The PT Reception Coordinator will greet all callers and visitors, take messages, provide accurate information regarding internal programs and services, external resources, and will link the person to appropriate internal and external personnel who can respond best to inquiries. The Reception Coordinator must be able to troubleshoot a range of requests, prioritize urgency and find resources unavailable at PCHC. S/he plays a key role in maintaining the overall welcoming tone of the reception area and responds effectively to problems that arise. In addition, the Reception Coordinator will cancel, book or rebook appointments and provide general administrative support. S/he will be required to open and close the building at times, following relevant security procedures. As the first point of contact in the organization, s/he must be sensitive to the barriers that many individuals face when accessing health care services.
- Three to five years of Reception or Administrative support experience in a fast paced environment, preferably a community health care setting or in organizations that serve marginalized communities.
- Diploma in health or human services office administration or relevant combination of academic preparation and demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Experience with a multi-line telephone system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, and prioritize competing demands.
- Demonstrated experience in crisis prevention with clients who have escalated behaviours.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to Anti-Oppression principles
- Ability to speak a second language (e.g. languages most commonly spoken in the community - Portuguese, Spanish, Hungarian, and Mandarin) would be an asset.
Salary range: $29,229.00 to $35,199.00 prorated to 15 hrs/wk.
Please send resume and cover letter (in MS Word format)
by August 15th@ 5:00 p.m. to:
The Hiring Committee (Reception Coordinator)
Parkdale Community Health Centre1229 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6K 1L2
(Email attachments must be in MSWord or PDF format only)
PCHC is committed to the principles of anti-oppression and anti-racism. We particularly encourage applicants who reflect Toronto’s ethnic and cultural diversity.
We would like to thank all interested candidates; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal reference check as a condition of employment.