Deadline: August 17, 2011
Online Communications Coordinator
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has an exciting opportunity for a full-time, Online Communications Coordinator to work under the direction of the Manager of Communications within the office of the Medical Officer of Health. This position is responsible for coordinating the development of online communications strategies and implementing those strategies. The successful candidate is also responsible to oversee the development and maintenance of the Health Unit’s websites to ensure effectiveness and consistency with policies and branding.
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee the Health Unit’s online presence by working with external website designers and internal stakeholders
- Recommend new online systems and tools, in particular social media
- Draft policies and procedures to ensure efficient and consistent use of websites and social media, within industry standards and legislative requirements
- Create and maintain online content to meet program requirements
- Develop and analyze metrics to assess online success
- Provide staff training and support in the use of online tools
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Requirements include completion of a College Diploma or Degree in Business Communications, Marketing, Information Management, Computer Systems or a related field, as well as two years of related work experience. Must have excellent knowledge of social media and of trends in marketing media, along with excellent communication skills, including project management and facilitation experience. Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and computer skills, as well as a sense of creativity are required. The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
Please visit our website at http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply by August 17, 2011, quoting posting # COMMFTOCC-0711/01, to:
Human Resources Department,
Middlesex-London Health Unit,
50 King Street, London ON N6A 5L7
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-
7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will
be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and protect the public’s health through the delivery of public health programs, services and research.