Deadline August 22, 2011
Environmental Defence (www.environmentaldefence.ca) is Canada's most effective environmental action organization. We challenge and inspire change in government, business and people to ensure a greener, healthier and prosperous life for all.
Position Summary and Core Expectations
We seek a senior staff person to develop and implement an outreach program to the cancer survivor community regarding environmental causes of cancer. The ideal candidate will have one or more post-secondary degrees or equivalent experience, will have a facility with scientific concepts, will be familiar with the cancer survivor community, and will have a strong social skills and a desire to meet new people. He or she will have an interest in environmental causes of cancer and be willing to work flexibly in a team setting, and to travel. This position reports to the Director of Policy and is based in our Toronto office.
- Campaign development and planning
- Outreach to cancer organizations and partnership development
- Direct outreach to cancer survivors
- Issue research and analysis
- Public speaking and writing for public consumption
- Participation in Communications and Campaign team meetings
- Minimum five years experience working in the field of health care, health advocacy, and/or with issues related to environmental causes of cancer
- Excellent social, writing, presentation and creative skills; French is an asset
- College or university degree or equivalent experience; facility with scientific materials an asset
- Familiarity with broader environmental issues is an asset
This is a full time, salaried position. We offer a benefits package after the 3 month probationary period.
Applications will be accepted until 9 am Tuesday August 22, 2011.
Your application should include a resume and cover letter.
Please direct your application BY EMAIL to email@example.com.
Include “Special Project Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Environmental Defence is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.