No deadline noted
Reports to: Manager, Diversity Mission Team
Department: Research Advocacy and Health Promotion
Location: Peel Area Office
Status: Contract, Full-Time (1 year)
As part of the Diversity Mission Team, the incumbent will be assigned to the Peel and Halton region, supported by leadership volunteers, to deliver and support activities to engage communities for community impact on the Foundation’s mission. The incumbent will develop and implement an annual regional plan that reflects a province wide mission plan and responds to regional and local needs and priorities. In particular, the position will support the delivery of programs and engaging with the People of African Descent Communities. Extensive travel within the Peel and Halton regions is required and access to a vehicle is necessary.
Monitor Peel and Halton Regions’ needs and execute the regional plan with a focus on initiatives like:
- Spark Together for Healthy Kids/Heart Healthy Children and Youth
- Complete an annual evaluation of the progress made against the regional plan.
- Provide input on the development of a community based strategy to inform regional goals and plans.
- Manage regional and local delivery of initiatives related to health promotion and advocacy.
- Provide leadership and influence health partners and volunteers concerning local advocacy efforts.
- Recruit and guide community leadership volunteers and diversity ambassadors.
- Coordinate with other Heart and Stroke programs and work within the fundraising environment to provide information to Foundation fundraisers
- Balancing the needs of a large population base and a large geographical territory.
- Maximizing opportunities and minimizing overlaps/confusion between existing fundraising programs and new/existing mission initiatives
- Balancing the need to be responsive to communities as well as to province wide Foundation goals
- Be managed remotely within a fundraising office and in a situation in which the job’s focus is mission within a broader team that is focused on fundraising
- Managing a large number of relationships and expectations with both internal and external stakeholders
- Measuring the success of regional and local programs
- Managing through situations where autonomous decisions have been made and implemented by self or others but within a set internal structure
- Accountable for developing, implementing and monitoring the regional plan
- Accountable for building and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, especially those within the People of African Descent community.
- 4+ years of health, recreation, community development, public policy and advocacy, and/or government relations
- Related post secondary education (i.e., public health, health promotion, public policy, adult education, community development)
- Experience working with People of African Descent Communities
- Extensive facilitation experience with multiple stakeholders and interest groups
- Proven knowledge or experience recruiting and working with volunteers
- Proven knowledge or experience with advocacy and/or policy development preferred
- Proven ability to persuade and lead
- Proven ability to manage workload with little structure
- Ability to speak a second language an asset
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. Please forward your resume to:
Human Resources Department
2300 Yonge Street, 13th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.