Deadline August 26, 2011
Join the Ministry of Health Promotion and be an active player in providing health promotion expertise, consultative advice, research analysis and support in the implementation and evaluation of comprehensive health promotion policies, programs and services to advance the health promotion agenda across Ontario.
As a member of the Tobacco and Chronic Disease Section, you will be responsible for providing program support for the planning, delivery and implementation of strategies for health promotion programs delivered by community and provincial partners.
- conduct the research, monitoring, analysis, assessment and reporting of a broad range of health promotion issues and trends
- foster strong liaison and partner development with diverse stakeholders and participate on projects and/or work teams
- prepare and present research and analytical findings, write reports and briefing papers and assist in the development of ministry operational plans that support ministry programs and health promotion strategic initiatives in Ontario
Location: 777 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario
What we are looking for:
Community Capacity Building Skills:
- understanding of community capacity building principles, methods and practices
- program implementation and delivery skills to support ministry priorities for health promotion
- the ability to implement and deliver programs in a high profile, complex and multi-stakeholder environment
- knowledge of health promotion principles and methods
- knowledge of chronic disease prevention, tobacco control and community development
Program Design and Operational Planning Skills:
- knowledge of policy and research tools to participate in policy initiatives
- knowledge of program design and evaluation techniques to lead the development of operational plans for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ministry programs and initiatives
Other Important Skills:
- project management skills to lead project planning and implementation
- relationship management and partnership building skills
- oral and written communication skills
Salary range: $65,957.00 – $82,208.00 per annum
Please apply online, by August 26, 2011, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 37576 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online.
Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspxto provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code