Deadline August 29, 2011
Contract ending January 31, 2012, 28 hours/week
Under the direction of the Manager, the Cancer Information and Support Associate is responsible for assisting the Senior Cancer Information Specialists to manage incoming inquiries to the Society’s Cancer Information Service. This position is located at the Society’s contact centre in Hamilton, Ontario.
This position is within an evolving structure and although the primary duties have been outlined it is expected the position duties may grow with the development and refinement of the job.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Functional Duties
- Answer incoming phone inquiries and assess clients’ needs
- Provide accurate information and redirect calls as required
- Promote and refer clients to Canadian Cancer Society programs and initiatives
- Enter information into an Inquiry database
- Assist with the management of inquiries in general voice mail and email boxes
- Assist with the upkeep of community service information and other resources
- Assist with program promotion in community locations as assigned.
- Other projects as assigned by the Manager.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations (Use or wear any protective equipment or devices required, report any incidents and unsafe conditions to your manager, and do not use equipment or work in any way that may endanger any worker or volunteer).
- Review and comply with the Canadian Cancer Society’s health & safety policy.
- Demonstrated customer service experience and expertise .
- Solid understanding of the psychosocial impacts of cancer on patients and families.
- Post secondary education, preferably in health or social service related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with a multi-level non-profit or community health organization.
- Strong ability to problem-solve and reach sound resolutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Flexibility, ability to deal with varying service level demands.
- Computer literate; moderately proficient in MSOffice (Word/Outlook) and use of the internet.
- Knowledge of Canadian Cancer Society activities, policies and procedures is an asset.
- A criminal record check is required.
In return for your contributions, we offer a very attractive compensation package, which encompasses a salary starting in the mid 30K range per year and the chance to work in a supportive and progressive environment. Qualified non-smokers are invited to send their resume and cover letter, quoting job# OHPE-169, by August 29, 2011, to:
Canadian Cancer Society, Ontario Division
55 St. Clair Ave. W, Suite 500
Toronto, ON M4V 2Y7
The Canadian Cancer Society thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Cancer Society provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons.