Deadline September 2, 2011
SMARTRISK is a national organization dedicated to preventing injuries and saving lives by helping Canadians to see and manage the risks in their lives. One of SMARTRISK’s lead programs is No Regrets, a peer leadership program that operates in over 100 high schools across Canada.
- The YAT are a group of youth who assist SMARTRISK youth staff and No Regrets teams across Canada in their work to help young people learn the importance of taking smart risks. Team members use their knowledge of what works with their peers to help SMARTRISK staff develop, implement and improve youth focused projects and initiatives.
The YAT Mission
- Support No Regrets and other youth programming in fostering local support
- Support Youth Programming in improving and growing No Regrets
- Help develop a strong and relevant social media and networking program
- Work with SMARTRISK in developing creative and innovation competitions for No Regrets participants across Canada
- Be a key advisor in new pilot projects and initiatives
- Participate in No Regrets activities such as No Regrets Live, No Regrets training, and community events where possible
- YAT is looking for youth who:
- are between the ages of 16 and 25
- are a resident of Canada
- demonstrate a keen interest in issues surrounding risk management and prevention
- have experience working with a group, an association or organization dealing with youth and/or issues related to health promotion, grassroots organizations, etc.
- are willing to commit time to the activities of YAT, including meeting via phone or online a minimum of 12 times a year
- are willing to serve a 2-year term in YAT
- SMARTRISK will provide:
- Opportunities to take part in injury prevention, health promotion and leadership projects
- Valuable volunteer experience and volunteer hours for secondary school
- A reference letter and professional experience on resume
- Honorarium paid to each member on an annual basis
- Applications for the Youth Advisory Team are due September 2, 2011. SMARTRISK staff will review applications and contact all successful applicants by September 7, 2011.