Deadline September 15, 2011
Job Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Position Type: Full Time
Job Region: ON - Peel Region
Location(s): South Mississauga
Career Level: Experienced (Non-manager)
Salary Range: 35,000 - 40,000
Ad Online Since: 08/31/2011
Application Deadline: 09/15/2011
Under the direct supervision of the RPN, the Dental Secretary provides receptionist services and supports the provision of dental health promotion and clinical services to underserved communities including LGBT, isolated persons, racialized individuals, immigrants and refugees, and those who live in poverty. The Dental Secretary works as part of a team and will be involved in a mutual coverage arrangement for the reception and secretarial support for the Primary Health Care Program. This position will suit an individual with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Completes intake and registration/enrollment with new patients, including collecting information for initial screening of non-insured patients, explaining costs and insurability to patients.
- Assists clients in completing forms as needed. Confirms forms are completely and accurately done, signed, etc.
- Maintains and keeps current all paper and electronic dental records and the filing system in a prescribed manner and in accordance with the ODA standards, daily. De-roster patients as required.
- Ensures follow up with clients as directed by providers or indicated by the patient re-call system.
- Answers incoming calls and responding to incoming visitors, makes appointments for clinical providers, takes and relays messages and books appointments for referrals arranging for interpretation services as needed.
- Set up new charts, pull charts for the next day’s appointments, file test results and correspondence, and return charts to chart room at the end of the day. Type general correspondence, fax and photocopy, distribute incoming mail and collect and post outgoing mail
- Schedules appointments in accordance with dental clinic policies and procedures.
- Calls patients to confirm the following day`s appointments.
- Ensures that all appropriate forms are completed prior to client receiving service.
- Ensures and protects client confidentiality at all times.
- Participates in chart audits/reviews.
- Processes bills, including accounts receivable.
- Participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Provides input into program budget and program reports
Skills, Knowledge and Specifications:
- One year Dental Reception and Administration Certificate or equivalent training in office administration such as reception, data entry and files management, document preparation, etc.
- Three years’ experience in a large dental clinic or one year experience in a community/public health dental clinic or community health centre.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of dental software programs and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in dental office procedures, processes and knowledge of common dental clinic equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to function and work cooperatively a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to speak languages relevant to residents of the Region of Peel an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in EMCHC’s service delivery
philosophy and EMCHC’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier-free dental clinic. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to work interdependently and respectfully in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and the centre hours of operation. As such the position entails some evening and weekend work.
Salary: $35,169 - $42,371 plus an excellent benefits package. (to undergo job review and valuation after first six months of clinic services.)
Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Vahid Aghtar (email: email@example.com) by Sept. 15, 201, 5:00 pm.