September 15, 2011
Job Categories: Doctors: Medical/Dental/Optical
Position Type: Full Time
Job Region: ON - Metro Toronto Area
Location(s): South Mississauga
Career Level: Experienced (Non-manager)
Salary Range: 110,000 - 140,000
Ad Online Since: 08/30/2011
Application Deadline: 09/15/2011
The East Mississauga Community Health Centre (EMCHC) is a branch of LAMP Community Health Centre.
EMCHC provides health promotion and clinical services to underserviced communities. There are 5
priority populations for EMCHC: isolated seniors, LGBT individuals, racialized individuals, immigrants and refugees, and individuals living in poverty. EMCHC is now recruiting for a Dentist for its upcoming dental office (Healthy Smiles Ontario). Our Dentist will provide services to under-resourced families living in the Region of Peel.
This position will suit an individual with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive
workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Obtains complete medical history and verifies/applies medical history prior to treatment.
- Performs complete oral examinations, formulates comprehensive treatment plans, informs clients of and obtains consent for treatment plans including hygiene.
- Performs recall exams and works in conjunction with hygiene team to ensure comprehensive oral health of clients on a regular basis.
- Performs non-emergency dental treatments such as restorations, crown and bridge, endodontic, periodontal
- Responsible for fabrication of dental prosthetic appliances.
- Orders and interprets x-rays, prescribes antibiotics and administers local anesthetic as clinically indicated.
- Ensures quality care by Dental Assistants.
- Performs routine practices and additional precautions according to current infection control guidelines.
- Completes all documentation in accordance with the EMCHC clinic dental documentation policies and professional standards set by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) - Medical History Recordkeeping (2008).
Skills, Knowledge and Specifications:
- Degree in Doctor of Dental Surgery, licensed and in good standing with RCDSO.
- At least three years of recent and extensive experience in a large dental practice.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with clients and staff in a community or public health clinic.
- Experience working in a community dental clinic or in a public health environment, and with a diverse population, an asset.
- Familiar and comfortable with working in a values-based organization.
- Project leadership experience, to support clinic start up, an asset.
- Team leadership experience.
- Languages relevant to the residents of Peel Region a definite asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in EMCHC’s service delivery philosophy and EMCHC’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier-free dental clinic. The candidate must demonstrate an ability to work interdependently and respectfully in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and the
centre hours of operation. As such the position entails some evening and weekend work.
Salary: $115,000 - $140,000 with comprehensive benefits package.
Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Send your resume and cover letter to Vahid Aghtar(email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sept. 15,
2011 5:00 pm.
Telephone inquires may be made to Lorraine Telford, Clinical Manager at 905-602-4082 or 647-