St. Catharines, Ontario
Deadline September 30, 2011
The Canadian Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths (CFSID) is a charitable, not for profit national organization dedicated to reducing the rate of infant mortality in Canada. This is accomplished through programs of education and awareness, advocacy, and support of innovative research. CFSID also provides support to families affected by the sudden and unexpected death of a child through literature and peer programs. To meet the demands of its programs, the CFSID is looking for an Executive Director to develop funds in support of the organization’s programs and further its mission.
As the Executive Director you will report to the Volunteer Board of Directors of the Foundation. You will work with the Board to create a new strategic plan and once the plan is approved, implement it. Your primary mission will be to reach out to potential new donors, individuals, corporations and funding organizations to develop new streams of financial support. You will also maintain and further develop strong ties with current donors, stakeholders, Foundation members and volunteers and work with staff and volunteers to ensure that communications and public relations for fundraising, program delivery and operations are consistent. Your role will also encompass further program development and delivery of these programs.
As the ideal candidate, you are a skilled fund raiser with a proven track record of success in soliciting and obtaining philanthropic donations. Strategic yet compassionate, you have the ability to create new and innovative ways to develop new plans for fund raising, program development and delivery. You are visionary and have the ability to develop and implement strategic plans. You are a strong relationship builder. Through your drive and excellent relationships, you have the natural ability to raise awareness of this exceptionally worthwhile cause and, in turn, gain support from communities across Canada.
- Experience in a leadership role
- Proven track record in fund raising.
- Experience in grant writing
- Experience in program development and delivery
- Experience in strategic planning
- Strong budgetary and financial skills
- Strong people and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to speak in public
- Ability to travel
- Recent experience working in not for profit, preferably in the health or social service sector
- Experience working with a Volunteer Board of Directors
- Experience working with volunteers
- Language – English essential, Bilingual an asset
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to ED.email@example.com.