October 12, 2011
Alterna Room, 4th Floor, Centre for Social Innovation, 215 Spadina Avenue
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
with Anna-Liza Badaloo
Supervising and evaluating volunteers is inappropriate because they’re not getting paid, right? Wrong. When done authentically, supervision and evaluation benefits both your organization and your volunteers. Not only will it provide your organization with valuable information that will help you to retain and best utilize volunteers, it also tells volunteers that their role is important enough to evaluate, that their opinions are valued, and that you are truly listening to their concerns and ideas.
Topics to be covered include:
- key strategies to keep the lines of communication open with other staff
- methods for tracking volunteer schedules, hours and tasks
- exploring the art of empathic discipline
- effective mutual evaluation techniques
- learn how to support volunteers to grow with your organization
Registration Fee: $65
For more information and to register, please visit http://sustainabilitynetwork.ca/.