Deadline September 30, 2011
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, and the clinical supervision of the Toronto Preschool Speech and Language Services Coordinator, and working within the overall objectives of the program and the standards of the College, the SLP uses a variety of direct and indirect clinical and health promotion interventions to develop communication skills in pre-school children.
- Provide direct intervention to preschool children and their families including assessment, individual therapy, group therapy, parent training, and monitoring/consultation.
- Provide indirect intervention including consultation and training to educators in schools or child care centres, home programming, referrals and mediated therapy.
- Coordinate a continuum of care
- Assist in hiring, and provide clinical supervision of the CDAs
- Participate in program development, implementation and evaluation
- Participate in chart and peer reviews
- Participate as a member of multidisciplinary team(s)
- Maintain patient records and input data daily
- Provide input to program budget and program reports
Skills, Knowledge and Specifications:
- Masters degree in Speech and Language Pathology. Member of the College of Speech and Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Minimum four years’ experience, preferably in a community setting
- Highly developed skills in assessment, consultation and therapeutic intervention
This position is a 6 month contract.
Salary: $58,120.00-$70,000.00 plus an excellent benefits package.
Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Vahid Aghtar (email@example.com) by September 30, 2011, 5:00 p.m.