Deadline October 5, 2011
Full-time permanent position commencing as soon as possible
Based in the Health Unit’s Health Promotion Division, and reporting to the Director, the Manager, Health Promotion Division, contributes to excellence in public health practice by leading a team of staff focused on the promotion of health with a local public health population.
- Manages assigned personnel, programs, and research and evaluation projects
- Provides leadership and innovation in the development, implementation, and evaluation of assigned programs
- Ensures that programs address local needs and are delivered in compliance with the Ontario Public Health Standards, the Health Unit’s Strategic Plan, and its Social Inequities in Health vision
- Promotes cooperative planning and decision making with other teams and divisions
- Participates on Health Unit committees
- Advises and contributes to the development of effective management of program policies, procedures, and processes
- Participates on external committees and cooperates, collaborates, and networks with external partners in the interdisciplinary planning and implementation of assignments and programs
- Assists the Director in overall divisional administration
- Knowledge and abilities in the areas of human resources, labour relations, team building, policy development, financial management, as well as quality and risk management
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple initiatives, and work independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of and demonstrated abilities in the areas of school health needs assessment and community asset mapping, program planning, research, evaluation, school health, population health, public health science, and social determinants of health including leadership to improve population health
- Knowledge and understanding of comprehensive school health and pertinent federal, provincial, and municipal legislation, regulations, and guidelines that have implications for public health
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Strong public health background is an asset
- Interest in contributing to improving child, youth, school, and community health
- Minimum of five years experience in public, school, or community health combined with progressive supervisory and administrative responsibility
- Experience in community partnerships, education, and applied community health research, including program planning and evaluation
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English and in French is essential
- Recognized bachelor’s degree in nursing, health promotion, or related health discipline. A master’s degree is considered an asset.
Resumés will be accepted until Wednesday, October 5, 2011, and should be sent in confidence to:
Ms. Lori-Ann Holland
Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street
Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
Email: email@example.com (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: 705.522.9200, ext. 200
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will contact only those selected for interviews. The Sudbury & District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer.
All information is collected solely for the purposes of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.