Fireside Chats are free pan-Canadian discussions via simultaneous telephone and Internet conferences for professionals in population health improvement and stakeholder sectors.
Events are from 1:00-2:30 p.m. EST unless otherwise noted
- NCCAH: Towards a Healthy Aboriginal Health Policy
- Advisors on Tap: Co-host: Donna L. Atkinson, M.A., Manager, National Collaborating Centre for Aboriginal Health; Dr. Josée Lavoie, Associate Professor, School of Health Sciences, University of Northern British Columbia.
- “Obesity in Canada”
- Hosted by: Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance of Canada (CDPAC) and the Public Health Agency of Canada’s (PHAC) Canadian Best Practices Initiative.
- Advisors on Tap: Jean Harvey, Director, Canadian Population Health Initiative, Canadian Institute of Health Information; TBA, Public Health Agency of Canada
October 19 (1:00-2:00 p.m.)
- Shifting the weight: The burden of the food environment on the individual
- Advisor on Tap: Ellen Curitti, MSc, RD, Healthy Eating and Active Communities, Region of Waterloo Public Health
October 21 (10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- PHAC Invites you to a Virtual Forum: Practical Public Health Tools for Climate Change Adaptation
- Presentations from: University of Victoria, University of Saskatchewan, McGill University, Université de Montréal, York University, University of Prince Edward Island.
For more information and to register, please visit http://www.chnet-works.ca.