October 25, 2011
PHO/THCU’s Planning at a Glance Webinar
To register, please visit: http://planningaag.eventbrite.com
October 25, 2011
2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Presenter: Nimira Lalani
This webinar provides an overview of the 6 steps in health promotion planning. This includes project management, situational assessment, setting goals, audiences and outcome objectives, choosing strategies and activities and assigning resources, developing indicators, and reviewing the plan. As we examine the 6 steps, we address the ‘how and ‘why’ of each step. To close, we identify quality sources for more information, tools and describe THCU's customized consultation services.
This is a lecture-style webinar. There will be limited time available for questions. If you have in-depth questions, or want an opportunity to explore and practice, sign up for the Planning Interactive webinar on the day after the Planning at a Glance webinar.
Who should attend?
The goal of the workshop is to assist health promotion practitioners to plan health promotion interventions. As such, we recommend these sessions for:
- anyone new to health promotion or planning, seeking definitions, tools, resources and organized approaches to practice.
- front line staff who need to plan health promotion programs and services, or need to understand the planning process.
- managers or team leaders who train or advise staff or volunteers in health promotion about planning.
- Identify the different steps in the THCU Planning Process.
- Reflect on how the model can be used to address your own planning experiences and needs.
- Know how to access THCU’s products and services to support their evaluations.
- Lead into tomorrow’s “Planning Interactive” webinar by suggesting items for discussion. The “Interactive” will be your chance to practice, discuss, ask questions and learn from peers.