Haldimand and Norfolk, Ontario
Deadline October 31, 2011
Employee Group: ONA
Posting # 05-2011
Posting Period: October 17-31, 2011
Location: Haldimand and Norfolk
Status: Full-Time (Temporary)
Interested Applicants are invited to submit their resume in confidence to Mike Bilinsky, firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 pm on the last day of the posting.
Reports to: Director, Clinical Services
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Position Description & Duties:
To provide non emergency clinical assessment, consultation, treatment and education to older adults, their families and service providers who are, or know of, someone who is experiencing mental health issues combined with age-related difficulties. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Providing community development and specialized clinical services to older adults experiencing mental health problems in combination with an age related illness, as well as their families and services providers in the community
- Functioning as part of an interdisciplinary team contributing appropriate discipline specific knowledge and skills
- Maintaining a clinical caseload, providing comprehensive client-centred assessment, consultation, treatment, follow-up and discharge planning once symptom stabilization has been achieved
- Reviewing and evaluating the treatment and ongoing care plan in consultation with the caregiver/care provider
- Identifying additional support and educational needs of the client, caregiver and care provider
- Monitoring treatment modalities for efficacy and adverse reactions including pharmacological and psycho-educational interventions
- Liaising with the most appropriate physician, community agency and/or care providers, communicating any significant concerns or changes in client status
- Monitoring and documenting/reporting clients’ progress and response to therapeutic interventions;
- Providing education to client, caregiver and/or care provider regarding illness/area of concern; and
- Providing preventative teaching to client, caregiver, care provider and/or community agency staff.
- Membership in Regulated Profession usually consistent with a baccalaureate level of post secondary education
- Minimum of 3 years (preferred) of clinical experience and membership providing community-based assessment, consultation, treatment, education and community development to older adults
- Sound knowledge of theory and practice in Geriatric Mental Health/Psychiatry and community based care
- Valid Driver’s License/Road Worthy Vehicle
- Computer proficiency
All positions will comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision and Goals, and Objectives of CAMHS.
CAMHS…partnering for Mental Health and Addiction Wellness