Southgate - Guelph, Ontario
Deadline November 14, 2011
Position No.: 2011-28
Position Title: Supervisor – Control of Infectious Diseases, Permanent, 1 FTE – 35 hrs/week
Location: Southgate - Guelph
Program/Division: Control of Infectious Diseases, Health Protection
Report to: Program Manager – Control of Infectious Diseases, Health Protection
Provides direction, leadership, administration and overall supervision of specific program areas and staff as they relate to the control of infectious diseases and infection control in the health unit area. Assigns work to public health nurses and public health inspectors within the program and resolves administration issues. Applies risk management assessment of all routine, emerging or urgent issues.
Responsible for attendance management on a day to day basis within the program as authorized by the Program Manager. Oversees the use of flex time and compensating time, and other absences for assigned staff in accordance with agency policy. Monitors the performance of assigned staff through ongoing supervision and provides feedback to the Program Manager.
Assists the Program Manager in preparing the operational plan, quarterly reports, the annual report , Board Reports, Section 22 or 13 orders under the HPPA, policies and procedures and other program related reports or correspondence. Provides input for the program budget and as supervisor assists in administering the budget when required. Has singing authority up to $2000 for expenditures at the program level.
Responsible for overseeing iPHIS data quality and documentation quality. Identifies and recommends improvements based on audits and observations. Develops, Implements, monitors and evaluates programs and services in consultation with the Manager.
Liaises with external agencies on issues relating to public health programs and services as required.
Demonstrates effective handling of personal contacts with all staff, clients, members of other organizations and the general public to work toward common goals, to promote good will and to promote programs and services. Promotes the attitudes and practices that result in inclusive behaviours, practices, programs and policies.
Hours of Work: Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Flexible working hours are required
Salary: $40.90/hr to $48.11/hr
Position Effective: As soon as possible
- 4 year Bachelor of Science, Health, Nursing, Environmental Health or related field. Certification in Infection Control. C.P.H.I. (Canada) Designation required for Environmental Health. Regulated Health Professional.
- 2 years supervisor or management experience and knowledge of legislation, human resources. 2 to 4 years practical experience in job specialty.
- Leadership and management skills with recognized experience in these areas.
- Risk Management assessment skills.
- Program implementation and evaluation skills.
- Training/experience in infectious disease/infection control. (Preferably certification in infection control).
- Excellent verbal/written communication.
- Superior interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation, standards and protocol, PIDAC documents and the collective agreement.
- Ability to work independently and execute tasks in a constantly changing environment, able to exercise independent judgment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and skill in computer programs (MS Office) and information systems (iPHIS).
- Valid driver’s license and use of vehicle.
- Maintain annual influenza immunization and adult immunization.
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100,RR#1
Fergus, ON N1M 2W3
Fax (519) 846-0323
Deadline for application is Monday, November 14, 2011 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
“WDG Public Health is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine eligibility of employment.”