Deadline November 4, 2011
Contract ending March 15, 2012, Full-time
Under the direction of the Senior Coordinator, Cancer Information & Support, the Secretary is responsible for providing secretarial support to Smokers’ Helpline (SHL) staff and managers in Hamilton.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Functional Duties
- Provides reception coverage and secretarial support to Smokers’ Helpline.
- Prepares material packages and processes outgoing mail.
- Assists in maintaining files, manuals, and SHL materials for the call centre.
- Enters fax referrals into Smokers’ Helpline database.
- Responds to inquiries received via telephone and email.
- Coordinates meetings, room bookings and travel arrangements.
- Facilities management including maintaining inventory and ordering offices supplies.
- Other projects as assigned.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations (Use or wear any protective equipment or devices required, report any incidents and unsafe conditions to your manager, and do not use equipment or work in any way that may endanger any worker or volunteer).
- Review and comply with the Canadian Cancer Society’s health & safety policy.
- Post secondary education, preferably in administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient typing and word processing skills; familiar with MS Office.
- Oral and written communication skills to respond to telephone and email inquiries.
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with staff and project team members.
- Good customer service skills to deal with internal and external inquiries.
- Organization skills to handle inventory, maintain files, facilitate meetings.
- Comfortable working in a technology-dependent environment. Experience working with databases is an asset.
- Experience with a multi-level non-profit or community health organization.
- Strong ability to problem-solve and reach sound resolutions.
- Flexibility, ability to deal with competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and French is an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian Cancer Society policies and procedures is an asset.
- A criminal record check is required.
- Works within a team environment.
- Multiple reporting relationships.
- Handles multiple priorities and interactions with many clients, both internal and external to the organization.
- Responds to inquiries from the general public (in person, on phone or via e-mail).
- Need to adjust hours and schedule as necessary to meet the demands of the service.
- Works under tight deadlines.
- Works with confidential issues and data.
In return for your contributions, we offer a very attractive compensation package, which encompasses a salary starting in the low 30K range per year and the chance to work in a supportive and progressive environment. Qualified non-smokers are invited to send their resume and cover letter, quoting job# LI-197, by November 4, 2011, to:
Canadian Cancer Society, Ontario Division
55 St. Clair Ave. W, Suite 500 Toronto ON M4V 2Y7
The Canadian Cancer Society thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Cancer Society provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons.