Deadline November 17, 2011
Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Status: Non-supervisory. Contract, Full time
Reports to: Manager, Research and Partnerships, AllerGen NCE Inc.
An Administrative Coordinator is required to support the administration and documentation of all aspects of the Research and Partnerships program of AllerGen NCE Inc., a national Networks of Centres of Excellence. We are seeking a well-organized team member with experience in providing administrative support to the development and execution of operational and administrative processes conducive to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Coordinates and monitors research related activities, including but not limited to developing and maintaining records of performance, tracking data and outcomes, and preparing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Coordinates, implements, and confirms accuracy and completeness of reporting activities conducive to support accurate tracking and reporting of Research and Partnerships related activities.
- Prepares, edits, review and populates tracking report templates, undertakes preliminary analyses, and anticipates risks associated with these activities while proposing relevant solutions.
- Gathers and prepares information and knowledge conducive to inform funding allocations decisions by relevant decision-making committees and supports the work of relevant working groups as directed.
- Assists the Manager, Research and Partnerships in the development of portfolio-related communications, presentations, and other knowledge exchange activities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social, health sciences or a professional degree in administration.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience working on complex work environments is required in research, project administration, or a relevant area.
- Demonstrated ability to provide administrative coordination and support to projects and excellent writing skills.
- Clear understanding of the research process acquired through both practical and academic experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills and client focus skills
- Systems thinking and ability to exercise initiative, tact, and discretion and to deal effectively with a variety of people and work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong ability to work as a supportive and effective team member
- High level of expertise using the Microsoft Office Suite products, including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Ability to travel regionally and nationally
- Knowledge of the role of the NCE Program
- Knowledge of the regional, national and international technical and economic innovation policy and related trends and events
- Experience in the academic, public or not-for-profit sectors
- Ability to communicate in French
Location: AllerGen NCE Inc. is located in Hamilton, Ontario, at McMaster University. Please note, employees of AllerGen NCE Inc. are not employees of McMaster University.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by November 17, 2011.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however; we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
To apply online, please visit http://www.jobhost.org/jobs/viewjob/administrative-coordinator-bddc17e60....