November 16, 2011
This webinar provides an opportunity to ask in-depth questions about policy, and to explore the specifics of the THCU’s 8 step model for policy development. The webinar is interactive. The agenda will be a mix of reviewing the key issues from the At a Glance webinar, responding to participants’ questions and considering some common policy examples/scenarios. Come prepared with questions, issues, challenges and success stories! To close, we will identify quality sources for more information, tools and describe THCU's customized consultation services.
This is an interactive, skill-building webinar. It will focus on participant questions and time for group reflection and dialogue. Please be prepared to participate and bring forward items for discussion. If you plan to attend the Policy at a Glance webinar on the previous day, you can suggest agenda topics then, and we’ll get some materials ready for this Interactive session.
Who should attend?
The goal of the workshop is to provide an opportunity for health promotion practitioners to explore policy development considerations in an interactive webinar with a flexible agenda. As such, we recommend these sessions for:
- anyone new to health promotion, seeking definitions, tools, resources and organized approaches to policy development;
- front line staff who need to develop health promotion policies, or need to understand the policy development process;
- managers or team leaders who train or advise staff or volunteers in health promotion about policy.
- Explore certain steps in THCU’s policy development model, including scenarios or real-world examples from participants.
- Take an opportunity to discuss health promotion policy, ask questions, and learn from peers.
- Reflect on your own policy development experiences and needs.
- Know how to access THCU’s products and services to support your evaluations.
Presenter: Nimira Lalani
To register for this webinar, please visit: http://policyinteractive.eventbrite.com/.