November 22, 2011
9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport, 2400 Alert Road
Knowledge brokers develop relationships and networks between producers and users of knowledge. They provide links, knowledge sources, and in some cases technical know-how, market insights, research evidence to organizations in their networks. This is a growing professional role in many fields. This workshop provides methods and tools to improve the practice. The workshop is also a good opportunity to link to other knowledge brokers and share professional practice.
What will you learn?
- Using a comprehensive participant workbook (provided) and expert facilitation, each participant will learn:
- What is a knowledge broker?
- How are knowledge brokers being used in a diversity of fields?
- What are the core skills of a knowledge broker?
- How to support the use of knowledge brokers - based on case studies taken from a range of organizations.
- What tools and methods are available to develop the professional practice of knowledge brokers?
- How to identify and overcome barriers to being a successful knowledge broker.
- How to monitor and evaluate progress of the community of practice.
Who is this workshop for?
People involved in the management and delivery of knowledge based solution to complex problems in health, education, government, social services, business, and non-profit organizations. This workshop is most useful for current knowledge brokers, their managers and supervisors, or to those wishing to become a knowledge broker. It is also a helpful workshop for those involved in knowledge mobilization activities including: transfer, exchange, translation, publication, dissemination, and diffusion activities.
Who is delivering this workshop?
This workshop is delivered by Knowledge Mobilization Works, a leader in developing human and organizational capacity to access and use knowledge to create added value. The facilitator will be Peter Levesque, President and CEO, who has over 10 years of experience working with individuals and organizations to increase return on human investment.
Event Fee: $295.00
For more information, please visit http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=iacbhgeab&oeidk....