Do you work with women who smoke and aren’t yet ready or able to quit? Not sure how to bring it up, or what to say?
STARSS can help!
Action on Women’s Addictions-Research & Education (AWARE) and our partners from Ontario’s Community Health Centres and Public Health Units are offering a series of Webinars to enhance:
- Understanding the role that smoking plays in the lives of women who smoke
- Support for women who smoke, in particular those with young children
- Professional practice through increased understanding of STARSS philosophy, strategies and resources
- Capacity to incorporate STARSS into existing programs
- Exchange of ideas and next steps to implement STARSS
Webinar #1 will provide an overview of STARSS.
Upcoming webinars will illustrate sample STARSS scenarios and offer STARSS implementation strategies for varying levels of capacity depending upon the service setting.
In order to be as responsive as possible, each Webinar will be offered by region across Ontario and each is open to staff of Community Health Centres (health promoters, community health workers, nurses) and Public Health Units (child & family health teams, CPNP staff).
The dates for Webinar #1 are:
- Thursday, December 1, 11:00 to Noon EST – Central region
- Tuesday, December 6, 1:00 to 2:00 EST – North region
- Friday, December 9, 11:00 to Noon EST – West region
- Tuesday, December 13, 1:00 to 2:00 EST – Eastern region
Registration is required for this event. If you are working in Ontario’s Community Health Centres or Public Health Units, and you wish to attend, please send your email address to email@example.com.
Instructions for logging into the webinar will be sent to registrants prior to the event.
Financial contribution from Healthy Communities Fund, Ministry of Health Promotion & Sport
Find out more about STARSS on our