Deadline November 25, 2011
12 month Contract
Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Ophea exists to support schools and communities through quality program supports, partnerships and advocacy to enable children and youth to lead healthy active lives. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
A Projects Leader is required by Ophea to support Ophea’s strategic goal to “Apply an innovative, creative, evidence-based approach to increasing knowledge and skills of leaders (in education, recreation, public health and others) so that they are equipped to foster healthy active living for all.” The Projects Leader is responsible for the planning and execution of all project deliverables within an assigned projects portfolio and assists in exploring and strategizing new opportunities. Strong project management skills are essential to this position.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
- Post secondary education in Physical and Health Education, Project Management, Sport Administration, Business or related discipline. Knowledge of the health and physical activity community particularly as it pertains to children and youth is required.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience in the planning and execution of programs, events, training sessions and leading meetings/work teams is required. This position requires strong people skills; strong project management skills; strong planning, budgeting and monitoring skills as well as the ability to coordinate communications and work with external suppliers and clients. The ability to problem solve and multi-task are also requirements for this position. Bilingualism and formal Project Management training are very strong assets for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the planning process for projects in his/her portfolio
- Leads the planning of project budgets in his/her portfolio and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining budgets
- Leads the execution of multiple project deliverables in his/her portfolio.
- Interacts with relevant project suppliers, clients, partners and other stakeholders
- Coordinates administrative functions
- Performs other duties as assigned
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than November 25, 2011 to:
1 Concorde Gate, Suite 608
Toronto, Ontario M3C 3N6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted