Deadline November 25, 2011
Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Ophea exists to support schools and communities through quality program supports, partnerships and advocacy to enable children and youth to lead healthy active lives. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
A Marketing & Communications Coordinator is required by Ophea to support Ophea’s strategic goal to “Increase awareness of the organization’s mandate and use of its programs and services”. The Marketing & Communications Projects Coordinator coordinates the implementation of marketing and communications activities and assists in planning, reporting and related administration processes.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
- Post Secondary degree/diploma in marketing, communications, public relations, or related discipline. Extremely strong writing and editing skills. An understanding and knowledge related to health and physical education, physical activity, health promotion and the Ontario education sector is an asset.
Skills & Experience required:
- One to two years experience developing communications materials including writing for the web, social media experience, developing messaging, creating promotional materials, advertisements, and newsletters. Strong organization, interpersonal and research skills essential. Ability to work in a team and independently as well as an ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks at one time. Experience in project management and developing presentations is essential. Understanding of graphic design, the printing process and familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and supports the planning and implementation of marketing and communication activities and plans
- Coordinates market research for Ophea and its initiatives
- Provides administrative support for projects in his/her portfolio
- Monitors and maintains budgets specific to portfolio
- Performs other duties as assigned
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than November 25, 2011 to:
1 Concorde Gate, Suite 608
North York, Ontario M3C 3N6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted