Deadline November 25, 2011
Full time permanent
The Diabetes Education Community Network (DECNET) is a partnership among South Riverdale Community Health Centre, East End Community Health Centre, and Toronto East General Hospital. DEC NET provides diabetes education support and services to adults with Type 2 diabetes in East Toronto. Particular emphasis is placed on increasing access for individuals with mental health challenges as well as community members who might otherwise experience barriers to health and health care.
- Assist clients with issues with diabetes.
- Collaborates with other health providers.
- Help navigate services available.
- Participates in outreach, engagement and communication activities.
- Raises awareness and advocates for appropriate diabetes programs and services.
- Produces communication products.
- Plans and develops DEC NET programs and services.
- University degree in health, social science, adult education, communication or related field.
- 3 - 5 years.
- Group facilitation and peer education skills
- Knowledge of self-management of diabetes and mental health.
Deadline is Friday Nov 25, 2011.
Send resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
Community Outreach Worker
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3P3
See website for more detail http://www.srchc.com/jobs.