Deadline November 30, 2011
Position No.: 2011-29
Position Title: Program Manager – Reproductive Health & Oral Health, Permanent – 1 FTE (35 hrs/week)
Location: Base office negotiable
Program/Division: Reproductive Health & Oral Health, Child and Family Health Division
Report to: Director, Child and Family Health
- Provide direction, leadership, administration and overall supervision of specific program areas and staff as they relate to reproductive health, oral health and other child health programs.
- Knowledge of reproductive health issues/programs, including preconception health, prenatal education, preparation for parenting, Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program for teens and adults, breastfeeding support, health promotion and education, perinatal mood disorder health promotion and education initiatives, and prebirth clinics affiliated with five community hospitals.
- Provide clinical supervision for staff working in clinic settings, such as prebirth clinics, CPNP and prenatal classes.
- Work collaboratively with dental consultant to manage staff and program related issues in oral health programs. Oral health program includes dental screening in schools and community sites, preventative dental clinic program, Portable Clinic, Children in Need of Treatment (CINOT), Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO), and health promotion activities.
- Plan health promotion strategies and evaluation of the program areas within Reproductive Health, Oral Health and Child Health, such as preconception, prenatal care, preparation for parenting, healthy family dynamics, breastfeeding promotion and Baby Friendly Initiative; and ensuring they are based on current best-practice, protocols and guidelines with the Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Manage and provide leadership to the team as they plan, implement and evaluate assigned programs and services. Responsible for the day-to-day activities related to assigned programs areas.
- Monitor and analyze the assigned program budget, consulting with the Division Director and the Agency Finance staff as appropriate. Maintain the program budget within a 5% budget variance. Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to operate within the approved budget. Authorize expenditure and approve invoice for program level spending in accordance with Agency policy for program manager.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other Program Managers and Consultants in CFHD to support division priorities and work.
- Represent the Agency and the program externally, and contribute to improving the health of the community through participation on community boards, committees and coalitions. This includes establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with numerous community partners.
- Prepare oral presentations and/or reports as requested for the Board of Health regarding program initiatives or activities.
Will be responsible to apply the following standards based on the Ontario Public Health Association:
- Program Planning and Development
- Assessment and Analysis
- Partnerships, Collaboration
- Diversity and inclusiveness
- Policy and program implementation
- Ethics and professionalism
Hours of Work: Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Flexible working hours are required
Salary: $47.79/hr to $56.23/hr
Position Effective: January 2012
- Master’s degree in Health, Health Science or related field
- Four to six years experience in job specialty
- Experience in clinical, reproductive health or dental care preferred
- Two to four years experience in program planning and evaluation, policy development, project management, human resources related issues/direct staff supervision preferred
- Research and evaluation skills
- Critical thinking, ability to analyze information
- Conflict management and negotiation skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build consensus, function in a team environment
- Knowledge of program and workplace legislative requirements
- Valid driver’s license and use of vehicle
- Maintain annual influenza immunization and adult immunization.
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100
Fergus, ON N1M 2W3
Fax (519) 846-0323
Deadline for application is Wednesday, November 30, 2011, at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
“WDG Public Health is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine eligibility of employment”.