Deadline: January 13, 2012
We would like to invite you and/or your organization to submit one or more presentations to our conference. The conference is entitled, “Putting Equality Back on the Agenda.” All that is required is an abstract of your proposed presentation.
The 12th North American Basic Income Guarantee Congress will be held at the University of Toronto from May 3rd to 5th, 2012.
Recently there have been a considerable number of articles describing the increase of economic polarization in Canada. This conference hopes to dig into the important topic of increasing economic disparity and propose alternatives to reverse this trend.
Proposals are welcome on the following topics:
- What are the costs of economic disparity (economic, social and political)?
- What are the implications for pursuing (or not pursuing) basic income options?
- What are possible models for generating revenue to sustain a basic income and what are their implications for economic disparity?
- What are the practical issues for implementing a basic income policy and what are their implications for economic disparity?
- What communication and engagement strategies are necessary to raise awareness about economic disparity and basic income in the public sphere?
All points of view are welcome. Anyone interested in presenting, organizing a panel, or displaying a poster should submit an abstract of their proposal to the chair of the jury committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information with your proposal:
4. City, Province/State, Postal/Zip Code, and Country
6. Email Address(es)
7. Paper/Presentation/Panel/Poster Title
8. Abstract of 50-150 words
The deadline for proposals is January 13th, 2012.
If you wish to know more information about the conference or have other questions, contact email@example.com. You can also visit the website at: http://biencanada.ca/content/11th-north-american-basic-income-guarantee-...