Deadline: December 7, 2011
The Ontario Healthy Schools Coalition is currently seeking an individual to provide the services of OHSC Administrative Coordinator, in support of and collaborating closely with the Coalition Co-Chairs. Please see the list of required services that follows.
This work can be done primarily from home but would require face-to-face meetings at Middlesex-London Health Unit, possibly every two weeks, as well as some teleconferences. Ideally the individual has a passion for Healthy Schools and excellent administrative and people skills.
Fees will be $330 per month flat rate (approx $20 per hour for approx 200 hours per year to max of $4000 per year—work averages out with busier months and slow months).
Start date: February 1st, 2012 (negotiable)
Please forward expressions of interest with resumes to Christine Preece at Christine.Preece@mlhu.on.ca by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, December 7th, 2011.
- assist with development of new OHSC website
- maintain listserv and moderate it (approve acceptable messages and discard spam daily)
- manage the Ontario School Health Initiatives Database (including issuing passwords and approving submissions/updates)
- handle membership registrations, welcome new members, and maintain membership list
- send out membership invoices/renewal notices (including a prompt to update the Ontario School Health Initiatives Database) in January each year for April 1- March 31
- manage OHSC financial account (income/revenue from membership fees and forum surpluses, and expenses)
- submit a brief financial report prior to each teleconference or as requested
- organize 4 teleconferences/meetings per year for approximately 40-70 people (including sending out meeting announcements and Doodle poll to collate rsvps, booking room and ordering refreshments [if needed], taking minutes)
- organize OHSC Core Steering Committee teleconferences as needed and take minutes
- handle general enquiries when these arise (forward to Co-chairs as needed) and handle enquiries forwarded to the Administrative Coordinator from the Co-Chairs
Thank you for considering this very worthwhile opportunity,
Christine Preece and Carol MacDougall, Ontario Healthy Schools Coalition Co-Chairs