Deadline: December 9, 2011
Norfolk County Job Posting
POSITION: Program Coordinator (Population Health Team)
DEPARTMENT: Health & Social Services
DIVISION: Haldimand-NorfolkHealth Unit
LOCATION: 12 Gilbertson Drive, Simcoe Ontario
REPORTS TO: Manager, Public Health
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Non-Union
SALARY: $74,939 - $93,674 per annum
STATUS: Temporary Full Time(from date of hire up to approximately December 16, 2012)
ONLY THOSE TO BE INTERVIEWED WILL BE CONTACTED.
POSTING # NU 39.11
POSTING PERIOD: November 21, 2011 – December 9, 2011
NOTE: Interested applicants MUST submit their resume in confidence to the Human Resources / Staff Dev. Department by 4:30 p m.on the last day of the posting.
Human Resources & Staff Development Department
21 Lynnwood Avenue, Simcoe, Ontario N3Y 2V7
Phone: (519) 428-9711
Fax: (519) 426-9876
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS POSITION.
Incumbent to this position must provide the Employer with a current Criminal Reference Check and a current Immunization Record.
To ensure the requirements of the Ontario Public Health Standards are met specifically in the areas of Chronic Disease Prevention and Prevention of Injury and Substance Misuse as per the Health Protection and Promotion Act and other relevant legislation.
KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Undergraduate degree in community health, health studies, nursing or equivalent.
· Masters degree in Public Health, Health Sciences or equivalent is an asset.
· Certificate of Registration from a Health Discipline (eg. College of Nurses, College of Dietitians) is an asset.
· At least five (5) years experience in management.
- Proven management skills and knowledge including working within a unionized environment.
- Knowledge and skills in the theory of health promotion (e.g. policy development, mass media/health communication, community mobilization), social marketing, evidence-based planning, and health education.
- Proven time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Diplomacy and political astuteness.
- Data analysis, research skills, program planning, evaluation and strategic planning.
- Budget/financial management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that effective programs are in place to meet the requirements identified in the Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Manage the human resources within the Population Health Team of the Health Unit.
- Participate in the planning, monitoring and tracking of financial budgets allocated to the Population Health Team.
- Actively participate as a member of the Health Unit Management Committee.
- Develop and implement strategic, operational and program plans including process, impact and outcome evaluation.
- Communicate complex health information (verbally and in writing) with the community, local agencies, governing bodies and ministry officials.
Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
NOTE: As per current legislation, if it is determined that those employees with priority placement status are suitable for this job, before a selection decision has been made, this competition may be cancelled