No deadline noted
Better Living Health and Community Services has an exciting new opportunity for a Social Work Manager. This hands-on position will manage the social work and intake department and will carry a partial caseload. The successful candidate will be a motivated and dynamic individual that will have the ability to lead a number of new initiatives across the organization with the goal of providing enhanced client-centred services.
This position requires experience in social work, project management, supervision and change management practices. Also requires knowledge of community resources, government assistance programs, demonstrated advocacy within the community service sector and working with the senior population.
- Oversee and lead the social work and intake department
- Responsible for human resources management within the programs (including paid staff, program students, and volunteers), ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of results-based programs that improve and enhance client-centred service delivery and operational performance
- Ensure compliance with all partnership requirements (i.e. CNAP, DWTC, RMR, HAL)
- Manage a partial client case load and conduct assessments of individuals who have been identified as potential clients for social work
- Manage the operating budget, maintain financial/statistical records, and completion of funder reports
- Participate in internal and external meetings, liaise with community organizations, and network with like service providers.
- Lead a number of program promotion and community outreach activities.
- Bachelor of Social Work and registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers with 3-5 years related experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Knowledge of community and government based programs and services
- Experience working with vulnerable or high-risk populations, especially seniors and disabled adults
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in program development, project management and change management
- Administration and computer skills to complete professional reports, documentation and statistical analysis
- Organizational and coordination skills to facilitate a multi-disciplinary approach to case management
- Training and experience performing RAI-CHA assessments is an asset
All applications will be accepted via email. Please send resume and desired salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.