November 2, 2012
7:45 a.m. (registration and breakfast) to 4:00 p.m.Hampton Inn Conference Centre, 200 Coventry Road
Spend a day discussing "must know" information about women’s mental health with preeminent experts in the field. The Royal’s 2nd annual Women in Mind Conference is bringing together leading clinicians and researchers to share essential knowledge about topics including mood disorders, suicide, psychosis, trauma, addictions, and social determinants of health.
Theme: Essential Knowledge in Women’s Mental Health
- Dr. Donna Stewart – Mood Disorders in Women
- Dr. Mary Seeman – Treating Psychosis in Women
- Dr. Susan Farrell – Homeless Women’s Experiences of Navigating the Health Care System
- Dr. Wendy Spettigue – Eating Disorders
- Dr. Sharman Robertson – Mothering with Mental Illness
- Dr. Simon Hatcher – Suicide in Canadian Women and How to Stop It
- Dr. Kwame McKenzie – Immigrant and Refugee Women’s Mental Health
- Dr. Marilyn Herie – Women and Concurrent Disorders (Mental Health and Addictions)
- Ms. Sheila Macdonald – Addressing the Mental Health and Physical/Forensic Needs of the Acute Survivor of Sexual Assault
- Dr. Matthew Kerr – An Unwanted Legacy: Understanding the Impact of Chronic Developmental Traumatization
Cost: Physicians: $190 Allied Health Professionals: $150
Visit http://www.theroyal.ca/womeninmind for more information or visit http://www.regonline.com/essentialknowledgeinwomensmentalhealth to register immediately.