November 28, 2012
Abstract Submission Deadline is has been extended until October 15, 2012. This is approaching fast, do not miss your opportunity to submit your information!
- Sharon K. Inouye, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School - Developer of the Confusion Assessment Method (CAM) and Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP)
- David Sackett, OC, FRSC, BA, MD, MSc, FRCP, Professor Emeritus, Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics – Pioneer of Evidence-Based Medicine.
- Paul Katz, MD, Vice-president, Medical Services and Chief of Staff, Baycrest, Professor of Medicine, University of Toronto – Recognized across the world as a leader in the long term care field.
In this 2nd Annual CME event, participants will acquire evidence-based approaches to important topics in caring for older adults in a variety of health care settings.
Presenters will address key tipping points such as delirium, deconditioning, falls, post-operative complications, medications, dementia and responsive behaviours that can lead to a significant change in health status and increase risk of frailty for older adults.
- Family Physicians, General Internal Medicine Physicians,
- Physician Assistants, Nurses, Occupational Therapists,
- Physiotherapists, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Other
- Health Professionals, Students and Residents
To register online, visit https://chse.mcmaster.ca/eventschedule.
Please feel free to visit http://www.fhs.mcmaster.ca/conted for further information and a list of other programs that are available.