Deadline October 24, 2012
Are you interested in working with a national organization promoting physical activity in Canada?
Do you have an interest in social marketing, physical activity and sport participation or the non-profit/charitable sector?
Application Deadline: October 24th, 2012
Title: Projects Lead
Status: Full-time permanent
ParticipACTION is the national voice of physical activity and sport participation in Canada. Originally established in 1971, ParticipACTION was re-launched in 2007 to help prevent the looming inactivity crisis that faces Canada. As a national not-for-profit organization solely dedicated to inspiring and supporting healthy and active living for Canadians, it works with its partners, which include sport, physical activity, recreation organizations, government and corporate sponsors, to inspire and support Canadians to move more. ParticipACTION is generously supported by Sport Canada.
ParticipACTION manages and supports a variety of initiatives including Sogo Active, a by-youth, for-youth community-based physical activity initiative in partnership with Coca-Cola Canada, and Sports Day in Canada, a national celebration of sport from grass roots to high performance in communities across Canada in partnership with CBC Sports and True Sport. ParticipACTION also engages in ongoing campaigns and communications with the public and physical activity partners across the country.
Reporting to the Manager of Projects, the Projects Lead is responsible for the planning and execution of all project deliverables within an assigned projects portfolio. The Projects Lead assists in exploring and strategizing new opportunities.
1. Contributes to the planning process for projects in his/her portfolio
- Works with the Manager of Projects in planning and proposal development
- Develops work plans and critical paths
- Plans project team meetings, coordinates logistics, prepares and circulates meeting materials and minutes and liaises with project team as needed
- Investigates, explores and identifies opportunities for collaborating with new partners
2. Contributes to the planning of project budgets in his/her portfolio and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining budgets
- Investigates and collects supplier quotes
- Develops budgets, processes invoices and obtains approval from Manager of Projects specific to elements within a project
- Monitors expenses against predetermined budgets
3. Lead the execution of multiple project deliverables in his/her portfolio.
- Identifies key deliverables and expectations of external consultants within project
- Track, monitor and update workplans
- Oversees members of the implementation team
- Drafts correspondence and communications
- Contributes to the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects
- Coordinates development, design, production and distribution of project specific materials
- Drafts official interim and final reports as required
- Represents projects to others and at various promotional venues as required
4. Interacts with relevant project suppliers, clients, partners and other stakeholders
- Manages external consultants and suppliers based upon negotiated deliverables to goals and objectives
- Responds to all telephone and on-line inquiries specific to projects and portfolio
- Provides support and seeks input from partner organizations as necessary
- Represents the interests of ParticipACTION to various stakeholders
5. Coordinates administrative functions
- Maintains accurate project reports, records and files, manually and electronically
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post secondary education in Physical and Health Education / Promotion, Sport Marketing / Administration, Health Sciences, business or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the health and physical activity sector is required.
- Experience in the planning and execution of projects, programs, events, and leading meetings/work teams is required
- Experience monitoring budgets, coordinating communications and working with external suppliers and clients is necessary.
- Effective project management skills and ability to multi-task are required for this position.
- Ability to analyse evaluation results and write reports required
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Strong written, oral communication skills and presentations skills are required
Please send your resume and covering letter outlining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest in ParticipACTION; however only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.