November 7, 2012
1:00-2:30 p.m. ET
You are invited to the upcoming webinar entitled “Suicide Prevention in Canada: Innovative Approaches and Best Practices” co-hosted by the Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance of Canada (CDPAC) and the Public Health Agency of Canada’s (PHAC) Canadian Best Practices Initiative. The first of a 3-part series on various topics in mental health promotion and mental illness prevention, this webinar will provide attendees with an opportunity to hear from and ask questions to expert speakers on:
- The scope of mental illness in Canada and the relationships between mental health, mental illness and chronic disease;
- The Canadian landscape of suicide prevention including statistics, overviews of key frameworks and policies, and an introduction to the Communities Addressing Suicide Together (CAST) program;
- The Nunavut Suicide Prevention Strategy, from collaborative development through to implementation; and
- The Mental Health First Aid program implementation in Canada, and efforts towards an Aboriginal adaptation.
- John Higenbottam, PhD - Co-Chair, Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health
- Dammy Albach, MSW, MA - President, Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention (CASP)
- Jenny Tierney, MPP - Executive Director, Isaksimagit Inuusirmi Katujjiqatigiit Embrace Life Council
- Sjors Reijers, MA - Manager, Program Promotions, Mental Health First Aid Canada, Mental Health Commission of Canada
To register, or for more information, please visit http://cdpac.ca/content.php?doc=256.