Deadline January 11, 2012
The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit is currently carrying out a review of all of its programs and services. The goal of the review is to provide high impact programs and services, based on community needs and available resources to meet the Ontario Public Health Standards.
The process has been an internal management and staff exercise that will lead to the following outcomes:
- Public health programs and services are planned and implemented to address local population health needs.
- The Board of Health identifies public health priorities, including identification of emerging public health issues
- The Board of Health allocates resources to reflect public health priorities and reallocates resources, as feasible, to reflect emergent public health priorities.
- Public health practitioners and policy-makers are aware of the effectiveness of existing programs and services as well as of factors contributing to their outcomes.
- Phase 1 of the review was completed in December 2012 with a report presented to the Haldimand-Norfolk Board of Health on December 11th.
The Health Unit is seeking a consultant to assist with Phase 2 of the program review. As a result of the program changes and the priority strategic directions, a review of the organizational structure of the Health Unit is recommended.
Deliverables for this RFP:
Work collaboratively with the Health Unit Management Team to plan a review of the organizational structure of the Health Unit.
Facilitate any meetings necessary to uncover the benefits and challenges of the current structure.
Make recommendations on a new structure that will optimize the strategic directions from Phase 1.
Summarize the results and next steps in a report to the Manager, Public Health.
The successful contractor must have:
- Experience in developing organizational structures and leading organizations through identifying changes required in their structure that may result from program changes.
- Experience in strategic planning, group facilitation and change management.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Excellent written skills and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet timelines.
- A resume that clearly demonstrates how your experiences reflect the key qualifications.
- A detailed plan and description of how the requested deliverables will be executed.
- A breakdown of costs including time availability and cost per day.
- The names and contact information of 2 references.
Prior to the commencement of any work, the following shall be provided to the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit:
Workplace Safety & Insurance Board
Provide documents to confirm evidence from WSIB of Independent Operator Status and therefore not an employee of Norfolk County. Proof of Independent Contractor status is issued by WSIB, certifying that the contractor is an independent operator running its own business and is not required to be registered for or to contribute to an account with WSIB for its business. The Contractor will complete the form from Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (http://www.wsib.on.ca/en/community/WSIB/). A County signature is required on this WSIB form, so contractor should contact the County’s Manager, OH&S/WSIB at (519) 4265879 x. 2311.
- Provide certificate(s) of insurance showing:
- $2 million – Commercial General Liability, showing The Corporation of Norfolk County as an Additional Insured; and cross liability and products and completed operations endorsements
- $2 million – Automobile
- $2 million – Errors and Omissions / Professional Liability coverage
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
Provide evidence of compliance with the requirements of Section 6 of Ontario Regulation 429/07, Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Further details regarding the legislation can be found on the Ministry of Community and Social Services website at http://www.accessON.ca or by contacting Norfolk County’s AODA Compliance Supervisor at (519) 426-5879 x.1331.
Deadline for submission of proposals is January 11th, 2013, 4:30 p.m.
Please submit proposals via email or regular mail to:
Jill Steen, Manager, Public Health
Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit
12 Gilbertson Drive
Simcoe, ON N3Y 4L1
Email: [email protected]
Release of RFP: Dec 12, 2012
Deadline for submission of proposals: Jan 11, 2013
Proposal review completed by: Jan 18, 2013
Successful candidate notified by: Jan 21, 2013
Applicable documents supplied by successful candidate: Jan 25, 2013
Project start date: Jan 28, 2013
Final project completion date: March 31, 2013
Questions regarding the project may be directed to:
Jill Steen, (519) 426-6170 x3218, [email protected]