Deadline January 3, 2013
Parental Leave Contract
The CIHR Centre for REACH in HIV/AIDS is seeking an enthusiastic and highly qualified applicant for the position of Centre Manager. The Centre Manager provides expert leadership and management for the Centre for REACH in HIV/AIDS and the REACH CBR Collaborative Centre.
REACH is a national partnership of people living with HIV, community-based organizations, health researchers, and policy makers. REACH provides infrastructure to foster and undertake collaborative interdisciplinary research to understand factors driving the epidemic, find innovative solutions, and move research evidence into action across Canada (www.centreforreach.ca). The REACH CBR Collaborative Centre supports capacity building and community-based research for developing regionally-relevant responses to HIV/AIDS across Canada.
The REACH Centre Manager reports directly to the REACH Director and Deputy Director and works closely with the REACH and CBR Collaborative Centre committees and members, and REACH and the Ontario HIV Treatment Network staff. This is a 1-year parental leave contract position starting mid-February 2013.
- Support and implement the REACH Executive Committee recommendations to meet the Centre’s strategic research objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies and policies to ensure the success of the Centre for REACH and the REACH CBR Collaborative Centre.
- Manage REACH and CBR Collaborative Centre budgets and funding streams.
- Provide strategic and technical support for partnership development, grant proposal development, capacity building activities, and knowledge translation and exchange for REACH-supported projects.
- Supervise REACH-funded staff positions.
- Monitor and evaluate REACH activities.
- A master’s degree in public health or a related field with 5+ years’ experience demonstrating relevant knowledge and skills working with multiple sectors, partners, and/or volunteer committees.
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Canadian HIV/AIDS research, community-based research, GIPA and OCAP principles, research involving the social determinants of health, and health services research.
- Experience managing research projects, developing grant proposals, and presenting research results.
- Strong analytical abilities and written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated partnership development, stakeholder management, and team building skills.
- Experience mentoring and supervising staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and with competing priorities and expectations.
- Motivated, self-starting, detail-oriented and exceptional organizational and project management skills.
How to Apply
- For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume by January 3, 2013 to [email protected].
The CIHR Centre for REACH in HIV/AIDS is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from persons living with HIV/AIDS and persons with culturally diverse backgrounds.