No deadline noted
Reporting To: Director, Support Services
Support Services implements programs and initiatives that improve the quality of life of people impacted by prostate cancer. These support services focus on empowering individuals to take an active role in managing their cancer journey.
The Manager, Support Services is responsible for implementing evidence based solutions and interventions that improve the physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing of prostate cancer survivors and their partners, caregivers and family members across Canada. A major initiative the Manager will be responsible for is the implementation and success execution of the solutions funded as part of PCC’s $10 million investment in a national trans disciplinary collaborative network - A Survivorship Action Partnership (ASAP).
The Manager reports to the Director, Support Services and will work closely with ASAP leaders and members who will be responsible for implementing ASAP solutions. The incumbent will also work with identified stakeholders to adapt or expand existing services to better meet the needs of prostate cancer survivors.
The Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the planning, implementation, and evaluation of designated programs within the Support Services division and will be responsible for the management of the Senior Coordinator and Senior Policy Analyst.
- Provide overall project management, risk management, coordination and support for solutions and interventions funded as part of ASAP;
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between all stakeholders participating in ASAP and represents PCC in discussions;
- Hold regular status meetings with project /solutions team and keeps everyone well informed of changes;
- Prepare updates, outcomes data and reports project progress for PCC and the ASAP Steering Committee, partners and stakeholders as required and provide recommendations for future planning;
- Manage contractual obligations under ASAP agreements and all projects as assigned;
- Monitor timelines, delivery of services and oversees budget for assigned initiatives (including the development of appropriate budget tracking and oversight procedures); determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for project; ensure compliance with budget and report variances to Director, Support Services;
- As required, liaise with governance bodies, including ASAP Steering Committee and the Global Prostate Cancer Survivorship Advisory Committee;
- Coordinate, and deliver, consultation sessions with health professionals, clinical leaders, academic researchers, policy-makers, and prostate cancer survivors and their loved ones;
- Provide overall project management, risk management, coordination and support for Support Services initiatives;
- Develop detailed project plans that identify timelines, deliverables and resource requirements for assigned initiatives; create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Assist Support Services team members in the development of detailed project plans that identify timelines, deliverables and resource requirements for assigned initiatives as required as well assist in the development of an evaluation framework;
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively;
- Identify partnership opportunities and work with key stakeholders to enhance existing programs and services for men with prostate cancer and their loved ones;
- In conjunction with the Director, Support Services, actively promote, share learnings and facilitate collaboration with partners and stakeholders; and
- Other related duties as required.
Professional Qualities and Competencies:
- Communicates effectively and persuasively at all levels, from the clinical, academic and community based settings through to PCC management team;
- Ensures that all partners and stakeholders are kept fully informed and aligned; and
- Diplomatically and effectively manages any conflicts.
- Results focused, through partnerships;
- Monitors performance and workflow progress, anticipates problems or obstacles and implements effective contingency plans, meeting required deadlines ;
- Balances future requirements with current needs;
- Uses advanced problem solving capabilities; and
- Considers implications of decisions.
Team management and/or leadership
- Manages workflow and ensures all team members and stakeholders have an understanding of issues, deadlines, etc.;
- Appreciates each team member's contributions and utilizes them to their fullest potential ;
- Motivates team to work together and mitigates team communication problems; Interacts and pro-actively participates in team activities;
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor;
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively; and
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
Builds external relations:
- Establishes and strengthens collaborative relationships with both internal and external parties and fosters links in areas of mutual interest.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in health promotion, health information, social science or a related field (graduate degree considered an asset);
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in health program project management and evaluation in a highly collaborative environment, preferably with a health charity or health care system;
- Demonstrated strong leadership in the development and implementation of health programs;
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in managing stakeholder relations, preferably for a health charity or health care system;
- Demonstrated expertise and proven track record in development and implementation of new models of health care management, in either chronic disease management or cancer management;
- Demonstrated experience in innovative scalable health care solutions, leveraging technology;
- Ability to plan and coordinate complex activities, organize multiple tasks and prioritize work;
- Proven strategic thinker;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and proficient in MS Office;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated collaborative approach to working with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growth environment while under pressure;
- Commitment to a patient-centered approach to healthcare; and
- Ability to travel.
Please send your resume including salary expectations and cover letter, quoting “Manager, Support Services” in the subject line to HR@prostatecancer.ca. No phone calls please. We thank you for your interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.